Permission to use the Franklin Lakes Public Schools may be granted to any local organization consisting of at least 50% Franklin Lakes residents when, in the opinion of the Board of Education, it will not interfere with the normal functioning of the school program or in any way be detrimental to the township as a whole. The sole authority for granting the permission rests with the Board of Education.
The procedure for securing the use of school buildings is as follows:
- Download and then fill out the School Facilities application form. You can download the form by clicking below.
- Submit the application to the office of the Business Administrator (contact info noted on bottom of form) along with the applicable documents:
- Concussion policy sign-off for gym and field use
- Lightening Detection Systems guideline sign-off for exterior/field use
- Request for Use of Equipment
A decision on the application will be made and the applicant notified as promptly as possible. Any matter of special fees, conditions, or instructions not covered by the application form will be passed on to the applying organization at the time of notification. Please see board policy 1330
for more information.