Please click on the link below to review the Key Procedures & Forms Guide, which provides further elaboration regarding processes and procedures. Forms in the Key Procedures & Forms Guide are also listed below; please click on the associated link to download and print any form.
Advanced Study/ Course Review Approval Guidance
Those interested in pursuing advanced academic studies should confirm the following before submitting course of study/ individual course approval paperwork:
- Confirm the institution providing official academic credit is accredited as per the US Database of Postsecondary Institutions and Programs: https://ope.ed.gov/dapip/#/home
- Ensure the coursework is relevant to the individuals continuing role/ employment in Franklin Lakes Public Schools (i.e., related to work in schools).
- If the applicant is pursuing a full course of study related to a salary classification (i.e., Masters, Masters +30):
- complete the Advanced Study: Course of Study Request as a cover sheet (Attachment B).
- Then, complete one individual "course review" form per course to be approved.
INDIVIDUAL COURSE REVIEW (Attachment C) forms MUST include:
- The course description from the official course catalogue.
- Brief description of the relevance of this coursework in your continuing role/ employment in FLPS.