Welcome to Curiosity Corner, a school-wide enrichment program for students in Grades K - 3. Curiosity Corner provides experiences for students to explore exciting content from a variety of academic disciplines, spark their curiosity, enhance their creativity, and perform as problem solvers. The program is composed of larger units of study, as well as additional lessons focused on the development of critical and creative thinking skills. Curiosity Corner enhances the grade level curriculum, and is presented to all students in the regular classroom setting by the enrichment teacher during rotating cycles throughout the year.
Curiosity Corner students:
- Engage in authentic investigative work and create products incorporating their knowledge, skill, and expertise.
- Experience a learning environment that encourages the development and expression of their critical and creative thinking skills.
- Participate in cooperative learning and leadership opportunities through active problem solving.
- Simulate the work of practicing professionals.
- Evolve as self-directed learners, who obtain and utilize the resources and skills necessary for nurturing their intellectual curiosity.
- Acquire differentiated academic experiences through lessons that honor their individual learning modalities.
- Recognize and celebrate their unique interests, learning styles, and talents.